Anthony P. Bisceglie
E-mail Address: email@example.com
Telephone: (202) 778-1160
Facsimile: (202) 659-9536
Anthony (“Tony”) Bisceglie is a founding partner of Bisceglie & Walsh. He maintains a sophisticated and diverse practice, concentrating on corporate governance, business, nonprofit organizations, and litigation.
Mr. Bisceglie represents corporations, partnerships, large not-for-profit organizations, government officials, and private individuals. He has substantial experience in high-profile, complex, and sensitive white-collar criminal defense matters, litigation, public integrity investigations, government regulatory and enforcement proceedings, internal investigations, strategic planning, crisis management, and government and media relations. Mr. Bisceglie also served as an arbitrator for the New York Stock Exchange for almost twenty years.
Mr. Bisceglie serves as outside General Counsel for the United Service Organizations, Inc. (“USO”) and The University Club of Washington, D.C. Other publicly identified clients of note have included: Thomas Drake (2010); the Transitional Islamic State of Afghanistan (2003); Fusao Sekiguchi, owner of the 2000 Kentucky Derby Winner Fusaichi Pegasus; and David Kaczynski, brother of the “Unabomber” (1994).
Areas of Practice
• Corporate Governance: Advise officers and directors of corporations and not-for-profit organizations concerning legal audits, director responsibilities, fiduciary duties, conflicts of interest, ethics, due diligence, shareholder/member rights and relations, bylaws, elections, risk management, insurance coverage, litigation, corporate communications, public and media relations, government relations, fundraising, labor, employment, advertising, intellectual property, internal investigations, federal and state statutes and regulations. Identify, retain, and supervise attorneys for specialized representation.
• Nonprofit: Provide legal advice and counsel on all aspects of domestic and international nonprofit operations, including governance, compliance, employment, transactional, tax, and fundraising. Handled corporate sponsorship transactions in excess of $100,000,000.
• Transactional: Negotiate and draft shareholder, joint venture, acquisition, sale, financing, noncompete, nondisclosure, vendor and licensing agreements, trademark agreements, employment agreements, government contracts, donor agreements, entertainment contracts, equine-related contracts, aviation leases and charters.
• Litigation: Business, contracts, construction, employment, fraud, defamation, embezzlement, privacy, wrongful termination, United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (“EEOC”), D.C. Human Rights Act of 1977, copyright/trademark infringement, asset recovery, professional malpractice, medical malpractice, partnership disputes, personal injury (airplane, ship, and automobile), product liability, Federal Tort Claims Act, Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (“RICO”), Freedom of Information Act (“FOIA”) and “reverse” FOIA, white-collar criminal defense.
• Government: Congressional, inspector general, federal and state agency investigations and enforcement actions. Contract fraud, mail/wire fraud, national security, federal election law, tax fraud, conspiracy, money laundering, securities fraud, technology transfers and RICO.
• Administrative: Practiced before U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Department of State, U.S. Department of Transportation, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Federal Aviation Administration, U.S. Postal Service, U.S. Department of Commerce, U.S. Department of Agriculture.
• Legal Profession and Ethics: Represent attorneys in state bar disciplinary matters, including investigations and the resolution of bar complaints.
• “Washington Super Lawyers,” (2014-2018: Nonprofit Law), (2010: Commercial Litigation), (2009: White Collar Criminal Defense), Super Lawyers Magazine
• “Top Lawyers” (2010, 2007, 2004); “Top Fifty Lawyers” (1996), Washingtonian Magazine
• “Hero of the Legal Profession,” American Bar Association (1996)
The Washington Post, The New York Times, L.A. Times, USA Today, CNN, 60 Minutes, Good Morning America, Today Show, Nightline, Larry King Live, NPR, BBC, Legal Times, National Law Journal